1950 : In spring, Laywoman Jeong Kumkangshim established the temple, Yonghaesa, at Namsan, Kirinsan of Juan
1955 : Son Master Jeonkang was invited to assume leadership and the temple’s name was changed to Yonghwasa.
1961: Son Master Jeonkang established Bopbo Sunwon (“Dharma Treasure Son Meditation Center”) so that the fourfold assembly (monks, nuns, laymen and laywomen) makes great devotion.
1963: The spirit tablet system at Dharma hall was implemented
1975 : On January 13th , Son Master Jeonkang passed away and his designated Dharma heir, Son Master Songdam, took on the leadership role.
1980 : In November renovation and expansion of the Dharma Hall was completed.
1981 : Renovation and expansion of Bopbo Sunwon ,the monks’ meditation hall, was completed.
1989 : The second renovation and expansion of the Dharma Hall was completed.
1991 : On June 27th ,The foundation system was introduced and the foundation of Bopbo Sunwon was established.
1992 : In January, the Laypersons’ Sonn Meditation Center was opened.
1998 : In January, the Yonghwa Cultural Center was opened.
1998 : In March, the Yonghwa Preschool Program was opened.
1999 : In June, the Yonghwa Buddhism Training Center was opened.
2000 : In April, Inje Yonghwa Sunwon, a branch monastery in Kangwon Province, was opened
2001 : In March, the Yonghwa Kindergarten was opened.
2001 : In December, the Yonghwa Cultural Training Center was opened.
2010 : In November, Kwangju Yonghwa Sunwon, a branch monastery in Kyunggi Province, was opened
2014 : In February, the third renovation and expansion of the Yonghwa Sunwon began.
2015 : In September, the third renovation and expansion of the Yonghwa Sunwon was completed.
2017 : In August, the Yonghwa Cultural Training Center closed.
2017 : In December, Renovation and expansion of the Main Hall of Yonghwa Sunwon was completed.
2019 : In November , Borim (Post-cultivation after attaining enlightenment) Sunwon was opened at Kanghwado.